Walk-to-work systems are complex systems, widely used in the transfer of people and cargo from the vessel to the point of destination.
And when it comes to the wind industry, the walk-to-work systems which enable people and pallet sized cargo to be transported in one flow, without disconnecting the gangway, are preferred.
To prepare the fleet for this demand, the gangway XL system of our client, Ampelmann Operations bv, needs to be modified to allow electric trolleys to travel over the gangway.
The TILLEN-added Value:
● Designing with strict guidelines;
● Structural verification;
● Fabrication drawings based on client template and way of working;
● Construction supervision;
● EC-46-2006 – Machinery Directive;
● NEN-EN 1993-1 – Eurocode 3 – Design of Steel Structures;
● LRS CLAME 2016 – Code for the certification of Lifting Appliances.
Facts & Figures:
● Gangway length fully extended is 25m;
● Maximum SWL (Safe Working Load) is 300 kg, this includes the cargo, trolley and person operating the trolley;
● Gangway inner width is 600 mm.
Article number: 170308